Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

True (E.Co) Love.

Earlier tonight I received a message from one of my best friends, Jeffrey, that made my heart so happy... It said:
"Be happy, never settle, don't let someone take your sparkle in your eye that makes everyone know that you will never give up. You are a strong, beautiful, wonderful mother and best friend. I look up to you, even though you have not been given the best of cards that guys have dealt. You have always walked away with the better hand....."

This message really made me sit back and think about just how true it really was. I've fallen in love, had my heart broken and experienced pain that I never knew was possible. But I survived. I've learned a lot about myself in the past 5 years... most of which I've learned in the past 18 months. I've learned to never settle for anything less than perfect. If you find perfect, hold onto it... but perfect is not something you are going to find in 6 months (Good luck with that). I've learned that when someone tells me I can't do something, it makes me want to do it that much more and I will never give up until I succeed. I've learned that you don't realize how strong you are until you are given no other choice but to be strong. And lastly, I've learned that I truly have walked away with the better hand. And I learned all of this because of two AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, wildly intelligent, fascinating little men.

No comments:

Post a Comment