Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

28 Days.

28 days until Ethan's Birthday...
Memory #4....


The day that I was discharged from the hospital, but Ethan wasn't was probably the hardest day of my life.  There is just something completely unnatural about walking into the hospital to give birth and walking out without a baby.  While I knew that he was in good hands in the nursery, I am a firm believer that a newborn needs his mama and her love more than the care that any doctor or nurse could provide for him.  So, even after I was discharged, I stayed by his side about 12 (or more) hours a day for 10 days straight.  Finally on Sunday, February 14th, I got the news that I had been waiting to hear:  Ethan was finally healthy enough to come home and he had finished his full 10 days of antibiotics for his pneumonia.  This was the best Valentine's Day I have EVER had and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect way to spend it than to be with my two beautiful boys.  E will forever by my little Valentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment