Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

30 Days.

So, I'm a little late on the 30 Days til Ethan's birthday post, since technically it's after midnight... but better late than never!

Memory #2:
E was born at 11:57 a.m. on February 4th, 2010 and my entire birth process from start to finish was nothing less than eventful.  First of all, Ethan decided to make his appearance 3 weeks earlier than anticipated.  Then, there was a lot of drama during the night before and morning of his birth on the adult end of things.  Not to be outdone by the drama of his parents, Ethan decided to stir up some more panic himself by being born with pneumonia.  At the time, this was devastating to me as my son was almost instantly separated from me so he could go to the nursery and be hooked up to antibiotics via IV's, an NG tube and oxygen.  Looking back now, I realize that maybe this was a way of snapping me back to reality and showing me what is truly important in my life and what mattered.  Ethan was in the hospital nursery for 10 full days and I camped out there by his side every single day from about 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. every night.  He was so little and fragile and I just wanted him to know that I was there... because I was all he had.


2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with the 31 days, its really cute. Sometimes its the tiniest people in our lives that make us realize what life is all about....I am so glad he was okay and is doing so well now ☺ He is lucky to have a wonderful mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!!! He truly has changed my life in more ways than I could EVER have imagined...

    ReplyDelete