Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Word: VEGAS.

It is my honest opinion that single moms need to take breaks from their children. As a single mom, you are doing a two-person job alone - every single day. None of us ask to do this alone, but it is a path that we have, in the end, chosen for ourselves.

As much as I love my children and am devoted to them every single day, I took a much needed break this past weekend to remind myself that I am still young, beautiful, fun AND best of all single. And what better place to do this particular type of reminding but VEGAS!
One of my favorite people in the world, my amazing friend Rachell, was my partner in crime for this adventure. Rachell is one person that I know I can always lean on and rely on no matter what I need. She has held my hand through so much (particularly the past two years) and I couldn't think of a better person to help close such a huge chapter in my life.
Anyone who knows Vegas knows that you need a vacation from the vacation when you get home... but I believe that that is a sign of an amazing time! Rachell and I were total rock stars for 72 hours straight. Hitting up the strip, winning some Blackjack and partying at some of the hottest clubs. We even somehow managed to make it on the guestlist for The Bank Nightclub in the Bellagio; and while there, met up with a bachelor party and had our own private VIP room, bottle service and security... oh the life. I could get use to that kind of treatment.
By 3 a.m. our feet hurt, our livers hurt and we had a plane to catch in less than 4 hours. I'd say that the trip was a definite success and accomplished what we had set out to do... Remind, Recover and Reinvent. Don't ever let a single person change who you are... or moreover allow that one person's actions to bring you down so low that you forget who you are. And if there comes a time that you need a little reminder, grab your best girlfriend to remind you.
Again, we all need breaks. It doesn't mean you love your children any less or that you're a bad mom. It means that sometimes you just need a reminder of who you are as an individual... not just as a mom... and a reminder that there are a million other fishies in the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment