Goodbye 2011. Hello 2012.
I, for one, am excited to see what the New Year brings. It's a fresh start. A new beginning.
This past year was filled with a lot of growing... both emotionally and physically. First of all, my baby turned ONE in February. I couldn't believe how quickly the first year had flown by and throughout 2011 he grew even more. By the end of this year, his vocabulary had expanded along with his personality which is bigger than life itself. Then there's Cohen. Cohen had a pretty big year too... He spent his last summer as a little kid before entering Kindergarten! Is it really time for Cohen to be a kindergartener?! I just couldn't believe it. He rocked it in baseball and soccer this year and I can't wait to see what this next year brings for him! And then there's me... Well let's just say I had a lot of fun this year... 2011 was filled with new (and old) flames, amazing friendships and even a spontaneous girls weekend in Las Vegas.
Emotionally, I found myself in a much more stable and peaceful place. It sounds funny, but when Rachell and I chose to go to Vegas that particular weekend in August, I also chose to leave the past behind there. I figured, what better place to leave some extra emotional baggage than Vegas!
2011 flew by so quickly that a lot of it seems like a blur. But just to share a little bit... here are my top 10 moments of 2011:
1. Celebrating my 27th birthday with some of my closest and best friends.
2. Watching my baby turn 1. I can't imagine missing a single experience of his beautiful life.
3. Watching Cohen play a whole season of T-ball without using the Tee!
4. Spending sunny summer days out lounging on the river with friends.
5. Ethan's first trip to the waterslides. Did I mention this kid is CRAZY!? ;)
6. CRAZY girls nights with Lindsey (I swear I need a liver transplant after each one)
7. VEGAS 8/13/11. Need I say more?
9. Learning photography. My camera has been like therapy.
10. Hearing Ethan say "I love you" for the first time.
Cheers to another year! ♥