Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Six.

Dear Cohen,

On Friday, November 4th, 2005 at 6:05 p.m. I fell head over heels in love with this tiny little 7 pound 11.5 ounce blue eyed baby boy who took his sweet time entering the world and now on Friday, November 4th, 2011 we are celebrating your SIXTH birthday. The past six years have been filled with love, laughter and adventure. We have been through so much together and you have been my rock and held my hand in more ways than you will ever begin to understand.

There have been times (lots of them) when we have butted heads because of our similar personalities. You remind me so much of myself which drives me absolutely insane sometimes; but it's also reassuring because I know that because of this, you will always be ok. You will always be able to make it through any situation that ever comes your way, you will never give up and you will always be strong.

For six years I have spent time worrying whether the decisions I make for you are the right ones. I wonder who you will be when you grow up. I wonder what kind of person you will become... but in the past six years, I have watched you grow from this precious little blue-eyed baby to a smart, intelligent, hilarious little man. You are so quick-witted - always ready with a comeback for anything anyone has to say to you. You are eager to learn and SO adventurous. I see a kid who is fearless, but thinks things through just enough so that you do it right the first time. I see a compassionate, loving big brother who will do anything to make sure your "lil bro" is happy and safe. I have watched you succeed in every single sport you have ever set out to do - whether it was soccer, baseball, gymnastics... or anything else that you decide you want to try.

You have made me so incredibly proud to call myself your mom. The past six years have flown by and I am so excited to see who you are going to become in the next 6 years!

I love you to the stars and to the moon. Happy Birthday to my beautiful blonde hair, blued-eyed little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment