Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Superwoman.

I am a single mom. Am I proud of this fact? Not necessarily, but I AM proud of my family. To become single wasn't my choice, but to become a single mom was. Ultimately, I chose loving the life of my unborn child over loving a man, which in hindsight, was a very easy choice to make. Any man that would demand a woman to choose between him and HIS baby is not a man at all...

I am a full-time student. On top of being a single mom, I am also a full-time student. My days are spent at school. My evenings are spent with my kids and after the boys go to bed, my nights are spent studying. I live off of coffee and Red Bull. I borrow hours from the next day in order to fit everything I need to do into my day. My days begin at 7 a.m. and end at 2 a.m. But I will be the first to admit that no amount of studying can even begin to compare to what I have learned through my children. They have taught me so much about loving and life and more importantly, LOVING LIFE. ♥

I am sole provider. This does not only pertain to providing for my family financially, but also with love and support. I kiss boo-boos and wipe tears. I have been peed on, pooped on and puked on. But being a single parent also means I get to claim ALL of the hugs, kisses and "I love you's". Every single moment is worth it, knowing that I, and I alone, am raising two amazing little men.

I am not a settler. I refuse to just settle with ANYTHING. I have watched so many friends settle with a man so that they wouldn't feel alone anymore - not because they were madly in love. I have watched too many people in my life settle on a job - just because it pays the bills - and then they get stuck. My life is anything but ordinary. It is EXTRAORDINARY. And I refuse to settle for anything less than perfect.

I am confident. I am confident in who I am and where I'm going. I believe everything happens for a reason and everything has a way of working out exactly as it should. I am confident that karma exists and I am content in knowing that she will deliver...

I am a survivor.

I am Superwoman

2 comments:

  1. You are a SUPERWOMAN! Well said, my friend. I admire you for all you have done, and all that you will do. Stay strong, Superwoman!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Wendy! You are an inspiration and an amazing person :)

    ReplyDelete